Every parent and homeowner wants to create a comfortable and safe environment for their family. Children in particular bring on a desire in most of us to decorate to suit their stage in life and their needs. Yet creating a cozy child’s bedroom can be a challenge. Here are some ideas to help you get started.
How do I make my child’s bedroom cozy?
Children are like mirrors. They reflect what we do for them and what we do to them. Have you been reading any bad signals from your children lately? If a friend has recently had a room makeover, perhaps they could be unhappy with the state of their bedroom. Just don’t wait until those signals get louder and louder. It really will be bad if your child walks up to you in protest, and with teary eyes say “Dad, I don’t like my roooomm, it’s not fun like my friend’s.” The comfort and warmth of a bedroom can be easily enhanced to make their own special space more appealing. Consider the following ideas.
You can increase the sense of fun by injecting some novelty into the furniture. Consider ordering new furniture from Kids beds Ireland. Your kid deserves all the comfort and happiness you have to give.
What makes a cozy bedroom?
Carolyn Feder, an interior designer posited that “ A child’s bedroom should be a haven, a space they love spending time, where they feel safe as they drift off to sleep, and comforted by what they see when they wake up in the morning.” All this can be achieved when a child’s bedroom is comfortable and all the details that are important to them, attended to. The following ideas could help you make up a cozy bedroom for your children:
- Full- spectrum light bulbs with a variety of colors.
- Sound proofing in a bedroom shields them from outside noises.
- A bedroom designed with calm colors such as baby pink, soft yellow, or baby blue. Avoid high contrast colors for young children.
- Decorate your child’s bedroom with photographs, those they can learn from as they are very receptive to learning at their formative age.
- Your child’s bedroom should have items they can cuddle, like a large stuffed animal or soft pillows.
- Pillows, rugs and beddings should be soft and not harsh on their skins.
- Do not leave your child’s bedroom littered with clothes, toys or other items.
- For a cozy effect, contact Kids beds Ireland for recommendations.
Why should I care about the décor in the bedroom?
- A cozy bedroom makes helps kids maintain a good sleep pattern.
- It helps support your child’s mental health.
- Learning is influenced in a cozy bedroom.
- Relaxation occurs easily in a cozy and calm bedroom.
- A comfortable bedroom makes children happy allowing them to focus on their play and imagination.
- A cozy bedroom helps in reducing greatly your child’s anxiety associated with sleeping alone.
- It helps in keeping your child warm and calm.
How do I make my kid’s bedroom cozy?
You can make your child’s bedroom a perfect cozy space, Consider adopting some of the following ideas:
- You can decorate your child’s bedroom with his/her favorite color, it makes them excited.
- Items that reminds your child of his favorite character can be placed in his/her room.
- You can make your child’s room cozy with fluffy blankets and pillows.
- Be ready to make adjustments as your child grows. What your child fancy at 2 may be different from what appeals to him at 5.
- Fill your child’s room with warmth. Draw a curtain to help your child sleep as long as possible.
- It is imperative you check out Kids beds Ireland for items available for the comfort of your kid’s bedroom.
At Kids beds Ireland we have beds for children of different sizes, styles and designs available. We can help you improve your child’s comfort and happiness in their own bedroom.
USEFUL REFERENCES FOR HOMEOWNERS & PETOWNERS
At Houesitmatch.com we like to offer useful and practical articles on topics for our readers. In this selection we offer you a number of suitable pieces from our own blog on renovating and decorating a home.