It’s exciting to finally become a homeowner with the right to choose all the content of your home. The pillow you choose for your bedroom can make a big difference to how comfortable you feel at home and how restful your sleep is at night. Here is a guide to choosing the ideal foam pillow for your bed.
Your guide to choosing the ideal foam pillow for your bed
Which is the ideal foam pillow?
We all know the importance of having a good night’s sleep and how much it can impact your day! Having the perfect mattress is not enough, you must also have the perfect companion to your mattress, which is the ideal foam pillow. For some reason, most people overlook the importance of having an excellent pillow.
A pillow plays a crucial role in keeping your head and neck balanced during your sleep. Choosing a pillow randomly can cause you more harm than any good. That’s why buying a pillow with the right firmness, material, quality, and support it has to offer will help you sleep better at night. It gives your body comfort and support which helps in a healthy sleep posture.
With the help of a comprehensive pillow buying guide, you can easily find the ideal foam pillow that meets your requirements and suits your budget. So before you make a purchase, make sure to learn all the essential details about finding the perfect pillow.
The guide to the ideal foam pillow
One of the most popular pillows in the market and is considered the ideal foam pillow is made of memory foam. It is known for relieving pressure and giving your body support. Memory pillows are also known as viscoelastic polyurethane foam is a great pillow material as their main ability is to conform according to the sleeper and mold itself within minutes.
They are durable, easy to maintain, and affordable that provides height and support for your neck, shoulders, and spine.
While a pillow is an important element that promotes a night of restful sleep, you must consider your sheets, mattress, and quilt as well as they all contribute in their own way. If you are in search of eco-friendly products, Ecoy has some of the best products including quilts, mattresses, and sheets made from bamboo.
In this guide, we will look at how to choose an ideal memory foam option in the market that can make your dream bedroom a living sanctuary.
Types of Memory Foam Pillow
- One-piece – This type of memory foam head rest is very simple and yet effective. It is made of a single block of memory foam that is tailored shaped or in a traditional pillow shape. These pillows conform according to the shape of your neck and head which relieve pressure slowly.
- Shredded – Shredded memory foam pillows are usually combined or blended with other materials such as fiberfill or latex. The biggest benefit of these pillows is that you can customize the pillow according to your preference and comfort. It allows you to adjust the height and firmness of the pillow which allows more room for air to flow.
- Gel-Infused – Gel-infused pillows are great for people who suffer from allergies as it disperses the heat emitted from the body and keeps the pillow cool. The gel-infused is anti-microbial to ensure that no dust mites or bed bugs survive while you sleep. It is a great eco-friendly product as it is infused with natural ingredients.
- Multi-foam – Multi foam is as simple as it sounds. It includes different types of foams so that you can receive varied benefits from this dreamy foam pillow. It also helps in minimizing the drawbacks of each foam as the benefits amplify each other. Many consider it to be the ideal foam pillow.
Factors to consider before buying a memory foam pillow
- Sleeping position – The way you sleep should help you choose the right type of memory foam. Memory foam options work best with back sleepers, side sleepers, and those with neck pain. The memory foam conforms around your neck and head which increases comfort.
- Price – Buying your ideal foam pillow does not necessarily mean an expensive price to pay, but perhaps it is slightly higher in price than your regular pillows. Keep in mind that memory foam pillows are long-lasting and offer much better benefits than your regular ones. Some brands may even offer free pillows with a mattress purchase.
- Material – Memory foam pillows of higher quality will last longer, whereas the lower material quality will reduce much faster which in turn affects the benefits of using this option. Apart from the quality, the only major between them would be reflected in the price.
- Pressure Relief – The Memory foam option helps in pressure relief in the head, neck, and shoulders. If you are suffering from pain or pressure, the conforming abilities in the pillow can help prevent these pressure build-up and promote a good night’s sleep.
- Firmness Level – The ideal foam pillow will vary from person to person. Everyone prefers the firmness of the pillow according to their comfort level. For some soft may work and for some medium to hard is the preference. When purchasing a pillow ensure that the firmness is according to your liking. Most memory foam pillows are soft to medium but the shredded option can be adjusted according to your comfort.
- Cooling Properties – When we sleep, our body disperses energy which is absorbed by my pillow and mattress. This can be uncomfortable and may interrupt your sleep. Memory foams help in eliminating this discomfort and keep your pillow cooler at night.
These factors will help you find the ideal foam pillow according to your need and comfort.
Who is it best suited for?
- Back sleepers
- Side sleepers
- People who prefer high loft
- Neck pain sufferers
Who is it not suited for?
- Hot sleepers
- Back sleepers
Some Benefits of using foam pillows
- Pain relief – As discussed, memory foam mattresses are excellent in relieving built-up pressure in your neck and back.
- Support – The conforming ability gives your neck and head excellent support while you sleep.
- Spine alignment – When your neck is rested well, the comfort is followed through the spine as it gets aligned properly with your neck. This helps reduces back pain and improve the quality of sleep.
- Maintenance – Most memory foam pillows are easy to clean and wash but it is always advised to follow the instruction mentioned on purchase to last longer.
- Memory foam pillows are antibacterial and hypoallergenic that prevent dust mites, bed bugs, and other minute particles which can cause skin or breathing problems.
This guide will not only help you choose your ideal foam pillow to help you sleep at night but they are also a great addition to your dream bedroom. If you feel your bedroom is not comfy enough, here are some tips to make your bedroom cozy and comfortable.
A final note on the ideal foam pillow
As you can see choosing your ideal foam pillow will vary person to person. Especially if you are choosing memory foam pillows, they have great advantages which can keep you and your family in comfort and peace as you sleep.