Most homeowners want to renovate at home once in a while. However, home renovations with minimal impact can be a challenge. Read this article to learn more about how to achieve this.
Home renovations with minimal impact –
So you don’t need a construction crew
Making a house into a home takes a lot of time and effort. And not to mention money. You have to find a contractor you can trust as well as finding all the actual items you want to renovate with. Be it finding the right type of paint or redoing your driveway which means you have to find somewhere to park down the street. Sometimes we just do not have the time or energy to get into these routine altering projects. So how about starting small and focusing on projects that you can do yourself, or with the help of a friend.
Tackling home renovations in different rooms
First let us pick a room. Are you going for the kitchen or the bedroom? How much money do you want to spend? There are so many projects that can drastically change the quality of life in your home that require minimal work.
- Let’s look at the bedroom. How long have you had your mattress? Investing in a new mattress can be quite expensive but can make a world of difference for your sleep. If that is out of your budget but you still want to get a better night’s sleep, try spinning the mattress 180 degrees. This will create an almost new feeling mattress as the indents that are created end up by your feet! Some mattresses can also be flipped over to create the same effect, but not all so make sure to check before you flip it. Another quick and easy renovation is your wardrobe. Creating a more streamlined system for hanging up and putting away dirty clothes can create a feeling of a whole new bedroom.
- How about looking at the walls next. When was the last time you painted? Would your room look completely different with a fresh coat of paint? Repainting is a project, as long as you do not have humongous walls, that can be finished in a weekend. Lay an old sheet on the floor or spread out some newspaper. Tape the outlets and get ready to get a little messy! If you want to consult professional painters on how long one should go between repainting check out this blog!
- If you have a green thumb, doing some landscaping of your own can make your house so much more inviting while getting you out in the sun. Doing some weeding and trimming can turn a forest into a garden in no time! It is also quite cheap to go to your local plant store and buy some little starter plants. It could be flowers or it could be tomatoes and lettuce. As long as you get enough sun and do not forget to water them, you will have a beautiful garden in no time! If you would like to see some more examples of home renovations, check out this list and see if any ideas stand out to you.
The bathroom home renovations with minimal impact
Finally let’s look at the bathroom, this is much trickier, and many might want to quickly hire someone. Yet there is still stuff you can do yourself!
- Removing and re-caulking your shower or bath can make a world of difference. It can get pretty grungy pretty quickly and fresh white caulk always looks great!
- It was mentioned before but repainting the bathroom frequently is a good idea. Since there is so much steam and moisture, a lot of stuff can grow. However, if you buy special for the bathroom, you can make sure nothing starts growing!
- Replacing the shower head. This can be daunting but swapping it can save you loads of money on your water bill while also giving your bathroom a fresh new look! GROHE has created a very helpful guide on how to best go about changing it.
Final thoughts on home renovations with minimal impact
If you have ever been put off home renovations because of the potential disruption, hopefully you now see the options available. There are some simple home improvements you can make to every room, indoor and out door space without the need for a construction crew. Trying a little DIY can also help you save money in the process!
FURTHER READING FOR HOMEOWNERS & PETOWNERS
At Housesitmatch.com we like to offer useful and practical articles on topics for our readers. In this selection we offer you a number of suitable pieces from our own blog on renovating and decorating a home.