Whether you are a housesitter considering going further afield or an inveterate traveller lockdown has made us all dream. Travel is a great way to make memories. If your dreams have helped you make plans to travel then do some research before you set off. If you are considering how to plan a trip for beginners check out these top tips ahead of setting out.
Top tips for your plans to travel
If you are someone who travels a lot, or has plans to travel, then make sure you plan well before you set off. You want to enjoy your travel adventure, so plan for comfort and ease on your trip to maximise that enjoyment. In this article, we’re going to be giving you some top tips to help you achieve this. Keep reading and learning if you want to find out more.
If you’re taking a car
If you are going to be bringing your car with you, which we recommend you do if possible, make sure you have got your licence with you. Make sure to also obtain a current international driving permit online or at your local transportation department if you intend to drive in a foreign country. It is a document that you can present to be authorized to drive abroad.
Points to note if you are driving
Private car licence plates
Not only that, but make sure that your plates are visible and legal. Of course different countries have different plates and that’s completely fine, but often people buy private plates without realizing that they are not actually legal. This could cause a lot of problems for you, so just double check this before you go to be on the safe side.
Which side of the street should you drive on?
Also, if you’re going to be bringing your car, check which side of the street you should be driving on. It seems a simple question and yet some plans to travel will overlook such a basic fact. It can be confusing if you are in a country that drives on the opposite side to what you are used to. Keep that in mind.
It’s important that the car you have is fully functional and isn’t going to break down while out travelling. It’s worth doing checks on the car and making sure it’s in good condition.
For those who have a car that’s on its way out, it’s worth exploring Ford Privilege when shopping for a new car. They have a range of cars suited for holiday travel where cars are used as the transport choice.
Make sure you’re comfortable with your plans for travel
You also want to make sure in your plans to travel that you are comfortable. So we recommend comfort items. This could be things like pillows for when you are on a plane. You could even take earmuffs to make sure that you muffle out the noise around you. Ensure that you are wearing comfortable clothes on your trip.
Make special plans for travel on long journeys
This is so important if you have a long journey ahead of you. Take time to think about how to plan a vacation trip. Nobody wants to be stuck in skinny jeans for nine hours on a plane. Being comfortable will set a good mood for the trip, rather than restrictive clothing making you uncomfortable and irritated.
Learn to travel light
Finally, we think that you should learn to travel light. If you’re going to be moving around, then reduce how much packing and unpacking you have to do. Be more efficient in your portable luggage. Just take the items that you are going to need. It’s less to carry, and it’s less to worry about getting back home when the time comes.
Trust us, it’s easier than you think once you get the hang of it, you just need to practice making thoughtful plans to travel.
Ever considered housesitting in retirement?
Housesitting in Retirement
What housesitting offers a retired tourist:
- Living like locals somewhere new – learning about a country from within its’ neighbourhoods
- Being in a home with pets around – if you love caring for pets and they can help you feel at home while on the road
- Having a good kitchen and a comfortable bed – if you love to cook and always kept a comfortable home. Housesitting is ‘home from home’
- Finding new places to travel to – housesitting helps you discover new places you would not have encountered on the usual tourist routes
- Petsitting gives great joy!
How to start housesitting in retirement
- Start with short local housesits
- Financial assessment – Assess your finances carefully before you get started with your plans to travel
- Renting out your property – This is one option to help fund your long term plans to travel
- Property maintenance – Find someone who can oversee and care for your home property in your absence
- Decide what kind of travel you want – Perhaps you like living like locals, so look for long periods of 2-4 weeks of housesiting.
Join as a housesitter and petsitter today!
Create an account either Standard or Premium in 3 easy steps
– Register as a housesitter/ petsitter to create your account.
– Do an ID check online (we can help), we ask everyone to do this to keep the site safe.
– Build your profile with information about you, your experience with home and pets. Add photos – Premium accounts get more photos, resources and a video! Then post your housesit advert with your dates.
A final thought for your plans to travel
We hope that you have found this article on how to arrange your best plans to travel helpful. We hope you can see some of the things that you need to keep in mind if you have plans to travel a lot. It’s important that you make the most of your adventure, and these travel hacks will help you to do that.
Keep these top tips in mind, they will help you to stop worrying about transport and all your belongings. Take the advice that we have given. We wish you the very best of luck, and hope that you have a fantastic time.
Further reading about housesitting, travel and housesitters
At Housesitmatch.com we like to share useful blogs and practical advice about housesitters, housesitting and pet sitting. We hope you find this small selection of our blogs on house sitters useful.