Travel tips Australia – Here are mine!
Looking for some travel tips Australia? Look no further. The UK and Australian HouseSit Match partners are passionate about travel so are very excited about how house-sitting and pet-sitting can open up the world for those who want to explore its every corner. Whether you are a house-sitter or homeowner wandering as a tourist abroad here are some tips for Australia on their personal favourite spots.
My favourite 5 Australian Travel Destinations
1. Top travel tips Australia – Perth, WA
If I were to give anyone travel tips for Australia I would say don’t forget Perth. It’s a bustling and vibrant modern city that if often regarded as lagging behind the rest of Australia but not anymore! The city, and indeed the states economy, is fueled buy a booming mining industry that sees its people bursting with joie de vivre. Check out Tourism Western Australia website for all the information you need to visit Perth and beyond. Some picks of the best things to do in WA are:
- Australia has some of the world’s best beaches, and ours are the best in the country if not the world! Interminable stretches of silky white sand and crystal clear water is the order of the day – top travel tips Australia
- A microcosm of Spain that exists in the middle of the bush, New Norcia is a town close to my heart because it was the Benedictine monks who brought out my great grandfather Juan Casellas from Barcelona in the early twentieth century to do all the artisan carving work in their monastery and church. He is buried there and his work remains as testament to his talents and my family’s roots.
- The Print Hall is a new multi-level collection of stylish eateries and bars that retains the facade of the very building I did my journalism cadetship in so this place is also special to me and it has done a sterling job of lifting the city centre out of the doldrums. Don’t overlook these travel tips Australia!
- Because of our amazing climate and sultry summer evenings, outdoor cinema is something most West Australians indulge in for 4-5 months of the year. Check out Camelot Outdoor Cinema and other Luna Palace venues here for all the latest film listings.
2. Top travel tips Australia – Noosa, Queensland
An hour and half north of the capital of Queensland, Brisbane lies Noosa, a favourite holiday destination for the whole east coast of Australia. Its amazing beaches and laid back lifestyle means its appeal extends to the whole country! Steve Irwins Australia Zoo is less than half an hours drive away and the rain forest country is to the north.
3. Top travel tips Australia – Hobart, Tasmania
Not all that many Australians have visited the little island to south of the mainland but that is all changing and largely thanks to the MONA Gallery which is garnering praise worldwide. A driving tour of the state is also highly recommended. Top travel tips Australia!
4. Top travel tips Australia – Melbourne, Victoria
My favourite city in Australia! Why? Because the cliche?is true, Melbourne is the most European city in Australia. It is not as pretty as Sydney but it is certainly more stylish. Eating out is reverent experience in this city.
Top travel tips Australia – Here’s just a few places that you just have to try!
- St Ali for the best breakfast anywhere in the world with amazing coffee to boot in an oh so funky shabby chic old warehouse.
- Eau de Vie for the best cocktails served in all manner of innovative receptacles from art deco silver slipper cocktail shaker to a foaming punch bowls and all in a tres chic environment and you have to know where it is, no gaudy signs outside here!
- Try a wine, beer or spirit flight at Milk the Cow St Kilda, you so won’t be disappointed!
- The Graham, imaginative fine dining without the fine dining price tag.
- Federation Square is creative hub of the city right opposite the iconic landmark of Flinders Street station. There is always something going on day and night!
5. Top travel tips – Australia – Sydney, New South Wales
There is a reason why most people think that Sydney is the capital of Australia (it isn’t by the way, Canberra is) and that is because of its stunning Harbourside location, there is none that can parallel this city’s harbour and its famous landmarks, the Opera House and Harbour Bridge. Their beaches though plentiful, are not a patch on Western Australias! This city must be visited though from Kings Cross to Palm Beach in its northern reaches. And you haven’t lived unless you experience at least one Sydney Mardi Gras! Look out for performances from She is the King, Australia’s only female Elvis tribute artist. No really, she is amazing! Top travel tips Australia…
Top travel tips Australia – To find free or affordable accommodation in Oz register with HouseSitMatch.com to find a suitable house-siting gig – just follow this link
To start your housesitting or pet-sitting adventure or to find your house and petsitting solution register with HouseSitMatch: